Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Albania - Update 3/3

Arriving to Albania from Monte Negro. Albania is completely different to all the other countries I passed. Everybody waves or shouts something when I pass by.

First impression of Albania. The sign probably saw its best days.


They have spontaneous places outside the villages where they dump their garbage. And as you can see the roads are horrible. I hope it wont kill my bicycle.

Horse and happy people.


Oh, I thought this was a donkey when I took the picture but now I realize it is a horse. Anyway, there are a lot of donkeys at the streets.

View of the second city in Albania, Shkoder, from the fortress. In Shkoder I stayed with Erjon and his family. Erjon was a medical student but knew everything about history so he told me everything about the battles.

The fortress in Shkoder.

Mosque.

They served me a traditional Albanian meal - liver with cheese. It was great.


The Gipsy area in Shkoder.

Arriving to Tirana waiting for my couchsurfer to pick me up. Only with body language tried to speak to some Albanian guy who owned a cheese store. He gave me cheese and wanted me to take a picture of his store and put it on Internet because he wanted publicity :D


Here in Tirana, where I am now, I am staying with Olta for two nights. She hosts me and a Spanish couple at the moment and everyone speaks Spanish. Yesterday we went out for a couple of beers, with a couple of her friends.

A store with a tree going right through it.


Tomorrow I will continue the trip to Macedonia, and then on to Greece, Thesaloniki, and further on to Turkey. Wish me luck :)

1 comment: