Sunday, November 1, 2009

Oman and Dubai again

Camels by the road in Oman. They were all over.


Took this picture before I sent my rainwear home. As you can see, I dont really use fancy equipment. The trousers I bought in Turkey for like 7 euros. I got to use them once and they were fine.



From the capital in Oman, I went back to Dubai, and had this view from the balcony of the couchsurfer, Marcus, with whom I stayed with in Dubai. It was such a nice apartment with pool and gym and everything in the building.


5. In Dubai the have the biggest of everything. This is the world´s largest water show, just outside the world´s biggest shopping mall. It was incredible.


When I waited for the Couchsurfer in Dubai, in quite a fancy area, a Ferrari passed by. I went to the owner and asked what I have to work with to be able to buy a Ferrari like that. He said stocktrading. When he heard about my trip he gave me his busniess card and said that I should write to him whenever I update my blog. So, quickly, I sent him an email and invited him for lunch, without any expectations of answer. But he answered me the day after and we went for lunch and a ride in his Ferrari. Wow, I felt so jetset. That was a good break from my not so fancy cycling life :)

Packing my bike, preparing to go from Dubai to India. Bye, bye Dubai,

Hello cycling in India.

1 comment:

  1. Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is simply great and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

    ReplyDelete