Monday, November 30, 2009

I have crossed India from west to east!


So, I have made something which I am actually quite proud of. Crossing India on bicycle from west to east, a journey of almost 3000km - most of it on a one geared bicycle for 30 euros. Crossing India was not easy compared to the other countries I have passed. So, now I am in Calcutta and in a couple of days I will head towards Bangladesh.



Crazy vehicle. I could only fit half of it on the picture. There was one truck pulling and the other pushing.



Me in turban.


People around lakes that I pass in India are normally very poor, but it is somehow often very beautiful. The lake is used for washing clothes, having bath and all.



Scary bridge with nothing on the sides.



Students all wear suit.



Let's bring the family on the bicycle.



A beautiful temple that I passed.



India is sometimes very crowded with a lot of crazy traffic. However, a couple of days, when I found roads like this it was heaven. No traffic, perfect weather, good road condition. Then it is very enjoyable to travel on bicycle.



I was announced to reach a hotel and they welcomed me with flowers and all :)



And sometimes I get to write autographs.



Kid practising his high jump skills.



A child on the field.



Buah, the guesthouses where I am staying are sometimes not very nice. Spiders and all kinds of animals are moving around sometimes. Bedbugs are very common. I always sleep with long sleeved shirt and pants because otherwise I wake up in the middle of the night because all my body itches.



Hehe, how much can you carry on a three wheel bicycle?
Viktor Predan



This is the general hand set when driving in India. Left hand always on the horn. This is by the way Sumit who I stay with now in Calcutta. He is a pure entrepreneur so it is very interesting to stay with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment