Friday, October 2, 2009

Sleeping.




This is a sandwich made by some "restaurant" by the road. Just a potato and an egg and then smash it into bread.

I stayed at a very cheap hotel (about 3 euros for a room) in a small village. This is the toilet.




At the same "hotel". I pointed out that my room smelled shit so the guy of the hotel was very proud of his solution. It helped for maybe five minutes. I could not stop laughing when he so proudly came with his spray.



This is the stick I carry to protect myself against the dogs that attack me.




Such a nice family. The guy in the blue tshirt is a couchsurfer and let us stay with his family.





Stopped by the road for buying some water melon and ended up like this. Hehe, the people have their shishas everywere.





This is the Sharif Univeristy of Technology in Tehran which I visited during one of my days in the capital.


This is my friend Behzad which I stayed with in a city close to Tehran. He became a great friend of mine and I stayed with him and his family for four days. Here some shisha again in the Darband district of Tehran. Thank you Fayezeh, dentist of my father, who gave me the tip to go there.



The farther of Behzad with their bird.



This is the Darband district of Tehran again.



The Tehran metro system has wagons especially for women.



In Tehran I met up with my French friend again. We will go together now to Dubai. Here with Behzad and his mom.



This equipage passed us on the road. I am not sure if the sheep is dead or alive.




Abbas, an Iranian cyclist we met. We camped together in a park outside a town. It is really great to cycle with a local because they can ask for everything so easily. Unfortunately the next day we had to split.

Abbas is sleeping in the sleeping bag. He didnt have fancy things like a tent.


Here me and my French friend camped. I don’t know what this is actually but it was a nice building just at the side of the road.


Yesterday morning. This is how happy you get when you realize youve got strong tail wind to expect for the journey.



Yesterday I took part of some group gathering in Iran. The political situation in Iran is very complicated and many of the young people wants to leave the country. They told me that those gatherings are illegal because men and women should not interact like that.


Now I am in Isfahan which is what I have heard the most beautiful city of Iran. This is a very impressive mosque.
This is Imam square which is a huge and very nice square in Isfahan. The second biggest in the world after Tianman square in Beijing they told me. Now I looked it up and it is not true. It is number 10 or something. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_city_squares_by_size.


Those tired carpet sellers logically wanted to sell us carpets. When we said we are going by bike they realized they have no chance but invited us for a cup of tea in their store anyway.
To sum up, the political situation for the people in Iran is very hard but I have to repeat that I have never met so friendly people anywhere else. I get surprised everyday. Iran is amazing. Anyway me and my French friend are heading south and will hopefully cross to Dubai next Monday. That was it for now!
You could comment my post here.
You can see a map of where I slept sofar here.


3 comments:

  1. Vilket äventyr du är ute på!! Tittar till din blogg regelbundet, vilka fina bilder och kommentarer. Det märks att du hinner tänka och reflektera mycket under cykelresorna. Ha en fortsatt bra tur. Kram Birgitta Eckermark

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEJ!Tusen tack för bilderna på Darband. Önskar dig fortsatt trevlig resa. Vi följer din blogg regelbundet. Sköt om dig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Viktor =)
    Just wanted to say hi from Croatia! ^^ Wow, it seems like your plans have expanded - do you even remember where you came from? hahaha!...anyway, I'm so jealous, you're out there exploring the world, and I'm stuck here studying...well, maybe one day I'll go on a Europe-tour on a bike, too ^^
    Good luck =)
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete