Thursday, October 15, 2009

The last part of Iran

Starting in Esfahan. A dry river due to regional troubles in Iran (some neighbour region is blocking the water to reach Esfahan or something).

The famous Imam Square at night.


It is funny how they load their cars. This is just one of numerious examples.


This crazy farmer was so exited when he saw us that he almost fell of.

First camels we saw by the road.


So, this is Persepolis in Iran - probably the most popular touristic attraction in the country. It is a very old town (i think it was 1000 before Christ), but I am not really interested in those kind of things.


All the walls were covered with motives scratched into the stone like that.


The lion at the entrance.


Here is in Shiraz. Me and the French cyclist stayed with the sister of my mothers collegue. She had birthday so here is an Iranian party with traditional dancing etc.

The last couple of hundred of kilometers we cycled in the dessert. Houses like these are not uncommon.

Yes, now at 8000km since I left Mölndal in Sweden.

Camel sign.

Cooool road.

Mafia.

Out of balance after cycling 180km in one day. OK, dont be scared off, it is a joke.


Here arriving with the ferry to Sharjah in United Arab Emirates. There were unbelivably many oil tankers in the persian gulf.

Now I am in Dubai however. My French companian has gone home to France so now I will continue alena. Yesterday I found out that I have to stay here for at least one more week to wait for the visa to India. Well, the city is very cool, but I like to be on the move. But I will try to make the best of the time. Two days ago I visited a collage and held some presentations. I will write about in my next post. That was it for now.

You can comment the post here.


1 comment:

  1. so u ve made it! :D niiiizee ;) cingrats!
    and your further plans? decided to go to india i saw... what will be after that?
    how do u feel generaly? a new born person or not thaat affected? :)
    many kisses from greece,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete