Monday, January 18, 2010

I arrived to Singapore!!

So I finally arrived to Singapore. Totally fantastic of course. It is amazing to reach a goal you have been working for so long. Here in Singapore the pace hace been kept up through holding presentations about the trip for different organizations. In fact, the last week has been totally amazing. Feels like a good reward after the sometimes tough cycling.


I was waiting and waiting to see the first sign of Singapore. That never happened. In Malaysia, "Woodlands", a district in Singapore, was the only sign that appeared. Small disappointment.


Here is at the border point in Johor Bahru, the last point in Malaysia.


And here I cross the bridge from Malaysia to Singapore. That was cooool.


Singapore is expensive. A looot more expensive than countries like, India, Bangladesh, Thailand and Malaysia. So I have gone back to the baked beans for lunch or dinner as always European and other expensive countries. Not that I have missed them but... dont taste that bad.


This is the National Library which I live very close to. It is sooo fancy. Cant believe the facilities are for free. I always sit in this "Study Lounge" on the 5th floor and use the wifi. Here is were I am acutally writing this at the moment.


I met a professor in psychology to discuss the psychology behind cycling. He was cycling quite a lot too so that was really interesting.


A new found friend took me to a very fancy bar in Singapore. And it was totally amazing - he knew the owner of the place so I sat at the VIP-table and could order whatever I wanted for free the whole night. Talk about contrasts.


And the Swedish football team and Champions, AIK, was in Singapore at a training camp. So they came to this restaurant/bar also. It was really funny, they wanted to take pictures with me before I even asked to take pictures with them. This is captain Daniel Tjernstrom.


And here Dulee Johnson. Haha, he bought me drinks even though I had access to the VIP-table. That was a great night.


My friend Martin playing clarinet at a restaurant


Here is were I am staying. It almost feels like sleeping outside since the room only have three walls. That's fine.


During this week I have kept myself very busy with talking about my trip for different organizations, like universities and companies. Here is at TetraPak.


The audience.


And here is after holding my presentation for the two IKEA-warehouses here in Singapore. That was great fun. IKEA is something special. The founder Ingvar Kamprad is a man I really look up to. I could integrate a lot of his thoughts in my presentation.

So I will be here in Singapore for a week more or whatever and visit some other companies, the Swedish Church etc. Then I will start the journey back, and probably stop at HongKong or Shanghai. I have not really figured it out.

Thanks for reading.

The final route can be seen here:
By pressing here you can make a comment.

4 comments:

  1. so, going back on bike too? that's amazing :) hope you'll manage to come in ždrelac on time in july :)

    and yes, i'm still jelaous :)

    zrinka

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are my idol dude :]
    ganbatte(good luck)
    mira mlysia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Victor,
    This is Gogo Donkervoort, the sister of Igor. With my partner Alexander, I have made a cycling trip of 6 months in 1993.
    Throught east europe to Perm (oeral) Russia, there we took the transseberian to Peking and cycled illigally through China for 6 weeks. Then we were kicked out and did three months of Australia.
    I had great fun reading your experiences. Big applause for the fact that you are traveling alone, that must be hard at times.
    Have a nice meal tonight ! To me the meal was the best reward of the day. Good luck !!! and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Härligt att läsa om din otroliga resa!
    Visst är världen och kommunikationsmöjligheterna fantastiska, tack för att du delar med dig till oss härhemma.
    Tina&Bengt Ericas föräldrar

    ReplyDelete